Home Loan - NRI’s
This loan is tailored for the requirements of NRI’s wishing to build or buy a home in India


Top
Top
  • Top
    Top
    The home loan amount should not exceed 85% of the cost of the dwelling unit, as the remaining amount that is 15% needs to be provided an own contribution towards the cost of unit financed. The cost of dwelling unit which is own contribution financed less the loan amount, can be met from direct remittances from abroad through normal banking channels, the Non-Resident (External) [NR(E)] Account and /or Non-Resident (Ordinary) [NR (O)] account in India.

    However, repayment of the loan, comprising of the principal and interest including all the charges are to be remitted to the HFC from abroad through normal banking channels, the Non-Resident (External) [NR(E)] Account and /or Non-Resident (Ordinary) [NR (O)] account in India.

    The repayment option for NRI’s as they can pay through the funds held in any non-resident account maintained in accordance with the provisions of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999, and the regulations made by the RBI from time to time.

    The documentation required to be submitted by the NRI’s are different from the Resident Indians as they are required to submit additional documents, like copy of the passport and a copy of the works contract, etc. And of course NRI’s have to follow certain eligibility criteria in order to get Home Loans in India.


    The documents needed for obtaining NRI home loans are:

  • Top
    No back link